S3™ Bolt & Keep
Security – Positive Locking
The S3™ BOLT & KEEP acts to overcome inbuilt security weaknesses in modern age windows by using ASL (Anti–Slip & Lock) technology. Intruders use the void areas between the glass and the frame itself to lever the frame out of its channel.
The S3™ BOLT & KEEP manipulates the intruder’s strength so that it works against himself.
The S3™ BOLT & KEEP security features:
- The security features lie dormant until the window is under attack.
- Provides security on the hinge side of the window – an area that is over-looked except by thieves.
- On attempted forced entry the hook on the bolt engages in the cut out window in the receiver to form a strong metal to metal connection.
- The greater the pressure an intruder applies, the greater is the resulting resistance to forced entry.
Improved Comfort + Energy Saving
The S3™ BOLT & KEEP improves sash management and sealing by using AST (Advanced Sealing Technology)
The S3™ BOLT & KEEP sealing features:
- A patented sash guidance and locating system for improved window opening reliability and durability
- Adjustable compression features to optimise window gasket compression through the life of a window.
- Controls and balances compression of the window gasket enabling the exclusion of draughts and noise – the reason that most consumers invest in new windows and hardware but often their expectations are not met
- Reduces frame distortion and resulting draught.
- Reduces wear and tear on the hinges by acting as a guide on closure of the sash and thus relieving pressure on the hinge